Saturday, March 21, 2009

Not intended to be a sermon but words of encouragment!


When you are struggling with something grab your bible and read the above scripture. =)

Lately so many around me and including myself are facing something that is challenging their faith and their very being. I feel as if God is testing so many of us. And this is one test I want us all to PASS! We all know somebody that is battling something. Pain seems to be the root of all our problems. Not just physical pain but pain of the HEART! Pain of the heart can hurt just as bad as any joint pain. Watching a family member go through something that you know only God can help with (which so many families are going through right now) can be just as painful as what the injured person is actually going through. Pain of the heart can be through watching a son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister or friend go through something that no matter what you do, it doesn't help. We must watch how we speak and act towards others and know that in the end Prayer will see us through. Words can't be taken back, and actions speak louder than any word. Letting go of something may be necessary for our own personal and spiritual growth, whether we agree with the consequences or not. Staying stuck inside of an immovable situation can cause personal pain, suffering and result in feelings of lack of self-worth. I have been blessed with certain people in my life that have entered it for a reason. Some have been there a lifetime, others I parted and rejoined, and some that just entered.

Ultimately, does it matter what the source of the insight is so long as we can become a better more loving person?

I have been lucky enough to feel the true meaning behind the following prayer, so I wish to share:

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.


Remember when your day seems to be going rough, that it is a bad moment...not a bad day.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon Proverbs 3:5-6 is my motto that I really do try to live by. It is posted all over my house. We all must remember one thing, If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. These are hard times that we live in, but we have to remember that God does not make bad things happen, and in those times is when we should lean on him more, all he wants is for us to ask him to help us. We serve a loving God and and a truly trustworthy one, he is with us every step of the way and he loves poor people, rich people, people from the "wrong" side of the track, the people on the street as well as people in nice homes, he loves black, white,brown and any other color of people that there is. He loves the kid that wears the waist of his pants down very very low, he loves the clean cut kid, he loves the girl with purple hair as well as the blonde, we have to stop judging because he loves us all the same. He made all of us in his image and for this we should always be thankful. It is hard to be perfect in the imperfect world we live in, it us our flesh against the world and we must be strong enough and faithful enough to trust that he is going to carry us when we are down and rejoice with us when we are up!!!!! When we go through hard times we should look to him for guidance and we must always remember that there is always someone else who has it much worse then we do and we need to help those people.

    I am sorry this is so long, but this is something I feel really passionate about. I FAIL everyday in all things that I just talked about but the bright light of that is that we do have a loving, kind, and patient God and we are all his works in progress!!!!

    This was a good post Shannon, I feel like God has rejoined us for a reason. Today at church I prayed with Pastor Dave about starting MMB and wanting all of us to be Sisters in Christ and prayed for me to be able to speak in a way that is pleasing to God, for me to be able to reach someone who might be struggling with something, and the way it looks I am going to have some pretty darn good help from you and for that I am thankful.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete