Friday, September 24, 2010

Changes are in the air!

Things have been way too serious on my blog lately so I have decided to lighten it up a bit! So with Fall starting 2 days ago…I figured I would blog about FALL! And as much as I loved our summer and the wonderful sunshine and hot weather, I am excited about the change in the season. I love when the leaves start to fall and all our favorite comfort foods fill our home with a warm aroma. I look forward to my new fall "Scentsy" scents and decorating in pumpkins and leaves. I am also looking forward to re-stuffing "Stuffy" our scarecrow. Here are a few more of my favorite things that I am looking forward to about FALL!!!

1. The changes in the temps and the brisker evening air
2. The beautiful deeper, darker, purples, oranges, and yellows!
3. The memories that Fall brings to mind…it's the season I fell in love and got married!
4. The decorations
5. The excitement of the upcoming HOLIDAY SEASON
6. Dove season (Don't hate..I married and raised country boys)
7. CANDY CORN
8. The smells of fall (Pumpkin spice in the house and burning leaves outside)
9. "It's a GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN"
10. Trips to the deer lease!
11. Pumpkin carving
12. Our Church Fall Festival
13. Sunflowers
14. Trick or Treaters!
15. My back to school quiet mornings!
16. Bonfires
17. Candied apples
18. Hay Rides! (Miss the days that Glenn would make awesome ones for the kids)

Okay now that I have filled you with useless information...HOW ABOUT A YUMMY RECIPE!? It's been awhile since I blogged a good one and with October weather right around the corner it has inspired me to try a new fall chili! So as a tribute to the change in season and the start of fall (I know I am a bit early and I sure wish Mother Nature would get on board), I plan to make Pumpkin Chili for dinner next week. If you decide to try it, let me know what you thought!! Enjoy! And Happy Fall!

Pumpkin Chili


2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3(15oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (48oz) tomato juice
1 (28oz) peeled and diced tomatoes
1/2 cup (15oz) canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup white sugar
1TB pumpkin pie spice
1TB chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1-2tsp cayenne pepper (depending on preference)
Cook beef. Stir in the onion and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in beans, juice, tomatoes, and pumpkin puree. Add sugar and spices. Simmer for one hour.
Some people let it simmer longer and they say it is good the first night, but even better the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment