Thursday, October 27, 2011

Heartfelt Gratitude!


Blessings trickle into our lives everyday, but we seldom take note of them. Often, we are to busy with, well, LIFE. I am guilty of just that. Now, that I have time to breathe and reflect I see where in my weakest hours, God reached in and gave my heart a much needed hug. Those hugs generally came in the form of family, friends, and complete strangers. The acts of kindness that Sophie and I felt were genuine “Angel Embraces”. Like blessings sent straight from heaven, each day we experienced them. Everyday that my doorbell rang and I opened the door to a caring and compassionate smile that held back tears, bearing dinner for a family that some had never met. Everyday that I opened my mailbox and got to see the expression on Sophie’s face when she saw that she had mail...She got just as tickled when she saw that her Shanny got some too. The blessings came through facebook notes, text messages, phone calls and even random hugs from strangers at public places.

I feel that you who are new friends, as well as those of you who have been by my side for years…are indeed treasures sent from heaven.

My gratitude can never be expressed in words, on an email, a post on my blog, or a message on facebook. I can only pray that you feel the words hug you as many of your words hugged me through these past months.



Sophie’s journey helped me to find an even bigger expansion to my Faith. I know that we all will go through different “seasons”. Right now even in the “Season” of sorrow my heart is full to overflowing. I know that it will not always be there and it will dip at times but I have unlimited access to God and his word, so it will fill again.

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of sweet Soph and sadness doesn’t grab hold, but to know that she is soaking up the rays from a rainbow while chasing frogs and butterflies in a strong and healthy body, getting embraces from the good Lord and is keeping our space open for when we at last join her….MAKES ME SMILE!!!! Sophie’s life inspired so many including mine.



I will end with one last heartfelt, “THANK YOU”! You made a difference in many people’s lives. You showed first hand the importance of love, support, and encouragement. Your love and prayers helped carry us. And your acts of kindness made one little girl feel very important.



Much love,

Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I am so sorry for your loss...oh, my heart aches for you....but I know one day our tears will be wiped away. Thank you for reaching out to me....Your blog....is a blessing to me and many!!! (Have you considered the option to allow others to follow through receiving emails?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete