Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So Long Halloween.....hello Thanksgiving!





Well another Halloween has come and gone! It was spent celebrating with great friends!! Since my youngest son was the only one to dress up this year, the pressure was off! My sweet mother in law made the most awesome Indian costume for him!! I only mentioned that he had wanted to be a Indian for Halloween, and she immediately got busy sewing!! What she produced for him was AMAZING!!! Before Halloween we did our traditional family carving of the pumpkin and had many laughs doing so!! I now happily wave goodbye to Halloween, but not until I have devoured every last Mary Jane Candy my son has brought home from trick or treating...LOL Time to pull out the Thanksgiving decorations and put away the the Jack-O-Lanterns. I have always LOVED the coziness of November which is probably why I chose this month to get married 20 years ago!The smells of fall cooking fill the house, and the weather is PERFECT....the days are full of sunshine and the wind blows lightly, while the evenings are quite chilly! I admit that I am already starting my Christmas Shopping but vow to savor the pre-Thanksgiving time as well! I have so much to be Thankful for and refuse to let this become a "LOST" holiday! Seems like the advertising companies have forgotten Thanksgiving and go straight into Christmas. Don't get me wrong...CHRISTMAS IS MY MOST FAVORITE HOLIDAY...but I refuse to let them take my Thanksgiving from me (LOL). Thanksgiving is kind of the calm before the storm if you will. It's a time of relaxing with family before the hustle and bustle of the approaching Christmas holiday! Well I will add a few Halloween pictures as I close this blog.....My Anniversary is tomorrow so I will no doubt be blogging again soon! HARVEST YOUR BLESSINGS as I WILL MINE!





No comments:

Post a Comment