Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Yard and Home Is Our Symbol Of Faith, Hope and Love!




What a terrific weekend....It's so wonderful what Rain from the heavens can do for a yard and Flowers....after over fertilizing and killing (you will notice the plant on the one side of my walkway) some of my huge flowers, I am grateful for any and all rain. So that inspired my blog...lol Below you will find pictures of my yard, my FURRY FAMILY and home!


My yard is a place of peace, thoughts and dreams. A place where my husband and I have watched 3 sets of small feet learn to walk, run, catch grasshoppers, and of course a few stickers. It is a place where my boys learned to play football, my daughter did cartwheels, and they all learned to swing themselves. A place that holds the swingset and monkeybars my husband made for them over 18 years ago. And, a place where we garden, grill, swim, and watch outside movies. It is a quaint, SIMPLE, and quiet place...where we have watched memories grow. The place where him and I would lay under the night moon and watch for falling stars in our teens, dreaming of what our life held. A place where our cats can hunt, and our dogs can roll! Twenty years ago it was just a field, but over the years it has become so much more. It is a place where we wanted to show our children that faith goes beyond the parish doors. The place we planted trees that were no taller or bigger around than a fire poker, and watched them grow along with our children. Our trees and children have a few things in common, nourished with love they have flourished and grown faster than we could ever have imagined. It is a place I can sit in solitude and enjoy the the beauty that God gives me. So many different birds have made homes within our trees, and I enjoy each one of them. So I guess you might say that I have kind of turned my yard into my shrine. With natures reminders of what is most important in my life..FAITH,FAMILY, HOPE, and LOVE!






























4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Shannon, I can truly appreciate you and Glenn's faith and how you both cherish your children... Thanks for the inspiration...
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Sometimes we get so busy, we don't stop to take in the beauty around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its such a blessing to have a beautiful home. or a home at all. and yours is gorgeous. thanks for sharing. (and thanks for commenting on my blog :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful home and garden. We should all take a break just to listen and see what we never really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete