Sunday, May 3, 2009

MANUAL LABOR DOES THE SOUL GOOD ~glenn kosub jr

Family time this weekend consisted of A LOT of manual labor. This of course does the soul good according to my husband. I hide a laugh as I listen as he tells this to the kids along with how it provides immediate gratification, gives a sense of accomplishment when your done and how hard work never hurt anyone. I hide the laugh because I know if I listen hard enough I could possibly hear my son Trevor thinking "Oh, please be quiet so we can get through with this already"! Well our project this weekend was to "unearth" sandstones that my husband has been wanting to do for MANY years in order to make a front pathway and a entrance to our gate. The size of some of these rocks are quite impressive and the fact they come from our family land makes this project that much more sentimental and unique. Glenn and I talk about how we must never forget to Thank God for our family time. We know that one day it will be just us and the memories will be something we always cherish. Making memories is so important not just for us but for our children. We hope one day when they are grown with a family of their own, they will look back at our "family time" (wheather its our daily dinner hour, nightly walks, or our "HARD manual labor" as the kids call it) with a smile and a GREAT MEMORY!
Poor Trevor (red shirt) and Kody preparing the place to set the rocks for our new entrance!

And here comes one of the many Sandstone Rocks! WOW...look at the size of that one!

Peyton enjoying being told to just stay clear since he was yet to small to help with such large rocks. (his dad was afraid of the weight of these things)

Still putting more rocks in place.

Now it was time to start forming up the pathway!

Trevor and Kody laying the rocks and adding the mortar!

Glenn smoothing and finishing the added touches

Of course no concrete work can be done without HANDPRINTS! =)

and a SMILE!

Finally time to put away the things, sit back drink a beer, soda pop, and for me a glass of wine and of course listen to the guys moan about there backs killing them..LOL! Sky and I gave them 2 thumbs up for a job WELL DONE!

1 comment:

  1. The hard work paid off...the path looks great! Good job guys!!

    ReplyDelete