Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday my sweet Skypie!






Dear Skylar Paige- Are you SERIOUSLY 20 years old today!!?? Can this picture SERIOUSLY have been taken 18 YEARS AGO!! Your daddy and I are super blessed that God picked us to be your parents! I feel a lump in my throat as I start to write this, and I wonder if the space in my heart has enough room to contain my love for you. Wherever you go, I’ll always follow, I’m intrigued by your fun loving spirit and ability to LAUGH AT ALMOST ANYTHING!! Yet, you always seem to know the right things to say when my heart is heavy and I’ve had a bad day. Just knowing you has made me a better person. I tend to forget that sometimes you are my child, to me you are my safety net, my best friend, the person (besides your dad) who I turn to when my world is not a bright as it should be. Your soul is beautiful and gentleness shines from your fingers onto everything you touch. You heal with love, you light with laughter, you spread joy like a little trail of fairy dust behind you….because to know you, is to love you and like everyone who meets you…they fall deeper and deeper in love with you every day! I’ve loved you from the moment I met you…from every stage of your life we’ve shared. I still love our song "You are my sunshine" and think of you EVERY TIME I hear it! You teach me everyday how to be a better mother. Where I am weakest, you teach me how to grow. Oh, beautiful girl of mine I adore you…I adore you…if I could shout it from the rooftops I would…I adore you!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET SKYPIE!

Love your Mama!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a Mothers Love! Skylar has so many, many great qualities. Her loyalty to friends and family is the purest form of love. Skylar expects and ask for nothing, we wish we could give her everything! We love our grandbaby girl!
    Nano & Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must be one splendid young lady.

    ReplyDelete