Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A note to WOMEN!


As I sit here with Nora Jones softly playing in the background I feel the overwhelming urge to blog. Now please don’t take this blog as a “Pity Shannon PLEA” lol….I hope you read it and think of yourself, your Mom, your daughter, your sister or your friend! Yesterday was a very tiring and trying day, mostly mentally. Sleepless nights with worry as it seems I am going to the doctors every week trying my best to get a CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH lol but each time I go they decide they need to run another test. (Praying that “Clean bill of Health” phone call comes tomorrow) So my day began with me running to give yet another blood sample to my doctor, then rushing to get my son Trevor to his appointment( appears he somehow scratched his Cornea, poor guy)then to the pharmacy and a quick trip to the grocery store. In the back of my mind I knew I still needed to cook dinner for a friend who has had surgery and I needed to get the house cleaned up for a Scentsy party that I committed to prior to knowing my life was about to take a hectic detour lol. But with WHAT ENERGY! With Glenn out of town and little sleep, I honestly felt like I could crawl onto a bed of nails and sleep like a baby. My children and even my adopted one (Kody) step up and help me so much and they are appreciated more than they will ever know! With their help the day turned out GREAT! The party was a HUGE success and I am hoping the friend’s dinner was too. As I crawled into bed I laid there thinking about what amazing people women are! Most of us don’t give ourselves enough credit for what we are capable of pulling off, or how we internally carry so much worry and stress of not only our lives but other peoples as well. I read the following that my friend sent me and I decided to add a few lines of my own and post it for all us EXTRORDINARY WOMEN!

Women have strengths that AMAZE men.....

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in..

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when they know others are hurting.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they

think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what

makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideas.

They pray for not only their families
But for any family who needs them.

Women have vital things to say

and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.


So, Here's to good women--

May we know them.

May we be them.

May we raise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment